PolyFX is a powerful animation tool for 3ds Max that provides the ability to break an object into fragments and animate as you want. It has many options for fine-tuning the animation and several additional tools. A great solution in the production of promotional videos, game development, etc.
- Modifier with many settings
- Animation by elements
- Built-in curve editor
- Three working modes: Key, Controller and Particle
- Support for texture maps in Particle mode
- Built-in tools: Slice Fragmentation, Pattern Fragmentation and Quick Detach
- Baking animations in modes Controller and Particle
The demo version has the following limitations:
- You cannot animate elements.
- You cannot set the color and material from the main PolyFX window.
- The modifier does not save the settings with the scene file.
Tutorials & User Manual
User manual and video tutorials here.
Main Tool: 3ds Max 2010 - 2024
Modifier: 3ds Max 2016 - 2024
- Added a new powerful modifier for 3ds Max 2016 and higher.
- Changed the default state of the scale curve.
- Slice tool has been redesigned and is now much faster.
- Fixed unstable behavior when undoing action in the Quick Detach tool.
- Fixed crash in the Controller and Particle modes when the window is closed in 3ds Max 2020 and higher.
- Fixed bug with unstable work of curve editor.
- Fixed bug with controls "P. Type" and "Quantity" in mode "Particle" in 3ds max 2017.
- Added mode "Particle".
- Added "Transform by Map" in "Particle" mode.
- Added tool "Pattern Frag.".
- Added tool "Quick Detach".
- Improved tool "Slice Frag.".
- Improved work with layers (Layers work only in "Key" mode).
- Saving all settings script to a file.
- Fixed many bugs.
- Added mode "Controller".
- Added tool "Slice Fragmentation".
- Support for layers.
- Added tool "Collapse Controller" for "Controller" mode.
- Utility for cleaning garbage collection.
- Increased speed.
- Fix Bug (Speed and StartFrame).
- Added ability to set the name of the object / group.
- Added ability to set color and material objects.
- Added curve editor.
- Added modifier Normal.
- Increased speed of many parameters.
- Added the ability to work with the elements.
- Added checkbox "Auto Time Range".
- Added three spinners: "Position X, Y and Z".
- Added spinner "Max. Scale".
- Modified to work with helpers.
- Added ability to work with objects of class Helpers.
- Added the following spinners: "Min. Scale", "Random Rot.", "Random Pos.", "Normal Pos.", "Seeds" and three spinners to adjust the angle of rotation.
- Smoothness renamed to Falloff.
- Now checkboxes "Anim. Visibility", "Reverse", "Invert" and most spinners instantly show a change in the viewport.
- Partially rewritten interface.
- Added spinner "Start Frame".
- First Version.
Support & Updates
Need support? Contact me via the contact form. To request the latest version, please include your order number.